Fearless

 If anyone has not heard, Taylor Swift is rerecording her album Fearless, which includes timeless favorites such as Love Story and 15. This one I wrote inspired by her Love Story, actually.



My breath is on the windowpane

Fingerprints over the misty shade

I smooth the ruffles of my skirt

As I see your carriage come to pick me up.


Do you remember that one night?

We were songwriting 

after we had been fighting

Just a typical weekly sight.


Cupids arrows can sometimes hurt

But silver is its worth

When I hear your boots on the walkway

Jump into your arms and whisper "Stay."


Daisy chains and diamond rings

These are a few of our favorite things

Midnight kisses under mistletoe

And we both light up with a silver glow.


I turn away from my embroidery

To see you on your knee.

I catch my breath my heart stops its beat

Your eyes catch mine you whisper "Marry me?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dancing in the Rain

Backstabbed

Growing+glowing