Something I could never say...


 My world is blank

A canvas I try to fill

But when I look at my past life

The present looks black and white.


I tell myself not to look back

But here I am writing poems in bed

Of all the things I now lack

We've tried to move on, you've got new friends.


But I'm two thousand miles away

Leafing through faded scrapbook pages

Living in the past

Haunting you with "Please stays!"

But you just melt away.


Pictures of your friends fill my phone

But I have none of my own

I'm a wraith, trying to be with you

Desperately falling subject to my own doom.


My heart is ripping it's strings, I miss you

I get lost in the harmony, never the truth.

I write things I can't ever say

But I need to get out in such an impulsive way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dancing in the Rain

Backstabbed

Growing+glowing