Growing+glowing

 So today is my birthday, and I decided to do something special for it, so I wrote a poem:)


Looking back I’ve had some rough times

Been taken by surprise

Grown thick skin, tried to hide

Almost believed my wings weren't meant to fly.


Looking back, I tried to keep stable

Relationships that weren't able

To work out

With people who were too loud.


Saying sorry doesn't heal things

Then they asked why I was dying

And crying

When they were lying.


But now I’m doing better

In a new niche not cornered

Writing poems of the former

Documenting all the storms.


But now there’s no looking back

Developing a new tact

Not focusing on what I lack

Instead on those who have my back.


So thank you to those who remember me

Who don’t think my suffering is funny

You’re the ones who keep me going

The ones who keep me growing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dancing in the Rain

Backstabbed